Paul Reed Smith
PRS Custom 24 | Aqua Smokeburst | Quilt Top | Natural Back | Factory Sealed
Orders starting $50 can qualify for free ground shipping.
Very large and oversized packages such as PA and guitar cabinets which are required to ship via freight may require additional shipping charges; see product description page or shopping cart for specifics.
Valid only on shipments to lower 48 US states.
Free shipping to APO/FPO addresses limited to 70 lb. per box and is subject to the same restrictions as domestic deliveries.
Lighter weight items may be shipped via USPS and may not contain a tracking number.
Verified credit card orders shipped via Standard Shipping typically arrive in just 3-5 business days. No standard delivery on weekends. Expedited/air shipping requires additional fees.
60-Day Return PolicyIt is our highest priority that you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. If you're not, you can return your order to the shop for a full refund (Returns must be unused, in the state you received them, and in the original packaging). We believe that in order to have the best possible online shopping experience, you should feel at ease about returning the item if it's just not "the one". So if for whatever reason you're not happy with your purchase, just contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, toll-free: (844)34-frets (844)343-7387.
The One That Started It All
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since. Played by internationally touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players, the Custom 24 features PRS’s patented Gen III tremolo system and PRS 85/15 pickups with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch. 85/15 pickups were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith to offer remarkable clarity and extended high and low end.
The Custom 24 is the original PRS. Since its introduction, it has offered a unique tonal option for serious players and defined PRS tone and playability.
Pickup Switching Positions
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
Learn more about the Custom 24
Tom Johnston of the Doobie Brothers on PRS Guitars Custom 24
Custom 24 Demo w/ Bryan Ewald
Custom 22 vs. Custom 24
GEN III TREMOLO
Rest assured, the Gen III trem functions in all the same ways as the PRS patented tremolo system always has. As always, the bridge is machined brass, a metal that rings beautifully. The block, intonation screws, height-adjustment screws, and the string slots on the saddles are all left un-plated for increased sustain and fidelity of tone.
- A. The mounting screw holes are countersunk from underneath, creating a knife-edge set-up that ensures the bridge will return to pitch after use.
- B. The bridge’s sidewalls create a pocket that keeps the six individually adjustable saddles from moving sideways, thereby eliminating another traditional cause of tuning instability.
- C. The saddles feature a compound radius so that the string breaks across the saddle at the optimum angle for contact and vibration transfer through the bridge. The Private Stock Gen III Trem also features locking saddles. These saddles hold the ball ends in place preventing any movement in the block and further ensuring the guitar returns to pitch after use.
D. The tremolo arm is unthreaded and features a small set screw that allows the player to customize the feel of the arm and find a comfortable playing position.
The Gen III trem also has a few notable updates that further support the fidelity of the guitar’s tone and maximize sustain.
- E. The mounting screws have been redesigned with larger thread and a larger custom head. This added mass creates more contact from the screw to the bridge and the guitar’s body, resulting in greater sustain.
- F. Grooves have been added to the bridge plate. The grooves are radiused to match the radius of the height adjustment screws, again so there is more contact and a better fit.
|Top Wood||Carved Figured Maple|
|Number of Frets||24|
|Neck Shape||Pattern Regular or Pattern Thin|
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.